JNC recommends candidates for Georgia Supreme Court
The Judicial Nominating Commission has submitted to Governor Kemp recommendations to fill a vacancy on the Georgia Supreme Court. The vacancy was created by the retirement of the Honorable Harold Melton. Governor Kemp will fill the vacancy from among the list. The Governor’s Office will contact candidates to schedule interviews.
The following names were submitted to Governor Kemp:
- Verda M. Colvin – Judge, Court of Appeals of the State of Georgia
- T. Mills Fleming – partner, Hunter, Maclean, Exley & Dunn, P.C.
- Aaron B. Mason – Judge, Clayton County Superior Court
- Shondeana Crews Morris – Judge, Superior Court of DeKalb County
- Andrew A. Pinson – Solicitor General, Office of the Attorney General
- Holly W. Veal – Judge, Superior Court of the Flint Judicial Circuit