All Members of the Georgia Judicial Nominating Commission (“JNC”) shall act in accordance with the following protocols.
- The JNC does not select or pick judges; this is a power reserved exclusively to the Governor.
- No Member may receive anything of value from any applicant (a person who has an application for consideration for appointment to a vacant judgeship) while their application is pending.
- No Member shall receive anything of value in exchange for their support or vote for an applicant.
- No Member shall communicate any information received during any part of the process that has been deemed “confidential” by the Co-Chairs.
- No Member of the Commission other than the Co-Chairs is authorized to speak for or comment on the work of the JNC.
- No Member of the JNC shall have the legal authority, whether by agency or otherwise, to bind the JNC or any member of state government to anything.
- Each Member is responsible for complete and total compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and Codes of Professional Conduct.