JNC recommends candidates for Cherokee and Gwinnett Judicial Circuits
The Judicial Nominating Commission has submitted recommendations to fill vacancies within the Superior Courts of the Cherokee and Gwinnett Judicial Circuits. The vacancy within the Cherokee Judicial Circuit was created by the passing of the Honorable George Carey Nelson III. The vacancy within the Gwinnett Judicial Circuit was created by the resignation of the Honorable Melodie Snell Conner. Gov. Kemp will fill the vacancies from the recommendations provided. The Governor’s Office will contact candidates to schedule interviews.
The following names were submitted to Gov. Kemp:
Cherokee Judicial Circuit
- Rosemary M. Greene – District Attorney, Cherokee Judicial Circuit
- Christopher G. Paul – Chief Circuit Public Defender, Cherokee Judicial Circuit
- Jeffrey A. Watkins – founding shareholder, Jeffrey A. Watkins, P.C.
Gwinnett Judicial Circuit
- Angela D. Duncan – Judge, Gwinnett County Magistrate Court
- Laura Tate – Judge, Gwinnett County Magistrate Court
- Tadia D. Whitner – Judge, Gwinnett County Juvenile Court